Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Along Limberlost

This way to the birds!


There were a lot of people out today - While I was answering someone's very loud inquiry as to what I was doing (duh!) John got these shots of a black-throated green warbler. Looks like I didn't crop them enough...the bird is very small - sorry. (The pictures with the hemlock showing are just so nice, I hated to cut it al away.)


This bird, a yellow billed cuckoo, had me puzzled - It was dark gray, not the slightest bit brown, but I don't think it can be anything else.
Showing off his other side.


Blackpoll Warbler: This one required the help of my ID expert friend.
This little beauty was taking a bath in the creek.

Splashing...

Singing in the tub!



Golden crowned kinglet - my picture.....

and John's.

Solitary vireo - my picture.....


and John's.



White-throated sparrow - my picture....


Another of mine.....


and John's.



Couldn't resist the junco - they are still abundant in SNP.

The chipmunks are too.


"Butter-butt" - Yellow-runped warbler.

Phoebe (or wood pee-wee) his tail was on the rail and couldn't move, so I'm not sure; but his bill is all dark, so I'm thinking phoebe.


Wipe your mouth!


The flicker made an appearance.....John got it.
Flowers by the highway....

1 comment:

Aunt "B's" Backyard said...

I just couldn't wait to see the next pictute in this series. They are all fabulous! You have such a wonderful place to visit for bird-watching. Lucky you!! I certainly enjoy the variety of species. Wonderful work, as usual.