Saturday, October 6, 2007

Dreary Day in Oct

This was a nice surprise - I have only seen a yellow-bellied sapsucker here once before - about this time last year. I heard him before I saw him - good camoflage! I have lots of red-bellies, downy and hairy WPs, and there are red-headed and pileated in the big state forest next to my subdivision, but this fellow was just passing through.

Another traveler. This is the latest I have ever seen one.

The dogwoods are showing more color than anything else so far. And the mockingbird is stealing mealworms - like he does every winter.


I do love them, even if they can be bullies....this one was doing his squirrel imitation!


I didn't have as many goldfinches as usual this summer - but they are here in full force now.


Ummm...


Ever-present....I haven't seen the baby lately.


These are always here too.


And the nuthatches as well - wish another red-breasted would stop by.

No comments: