Friday, August 3, 2007

Before the Storm

This morning early it sounded like spring outside....There were birds all over, singing cheerfully. I couldn't really figure it out since they have started to quieten down as usual during the late summer, but then around 4, we had a HUGE storm, with wind blowing from directions I've never seen since we've lived here! They always seem to behave differently before storms.
I heard Mr C's babies in the trees, but only got a fleeting glance. (I didn't dare go out looking, because I would have gotten carried away and not gone to work!)

Charlie and friends were busy, busy.

And the young catbird was squeaking away!


I haven't had nearly as many goldfinches as usual this year, but the ones that have been around have been beautiful.. (Another interesting thing: they have eaten far more sunflower seeds than niger.)


No comments: