Sunday, July 8, 2007

Back Porch Picnic

Took these this morning...there's one little timid one that stays in the trees - Ollie feeds that one first, and these guys just have a fit! Camille is in the nest most of the time. This morning I saw something I haven't seen before. Two of these little ones were sharing mealworms. One would get a mealworm from the cup, then the two of them would eat it. It was so cute - I was just fascinated, and didn't even press the shutter! Duh!



Bluebirds of Happiness!

3 comments:

Bird Girl said...

Oh, I have never seen two babies feed each other either - next time press the shutter!!! Your pictures are gorgeous. I've sad news on my end. We were gone all day Friday and something got all four of my new babies. I'm trying not to think about it. Mom has already started a new nest.

The Birdlady said...

I can't stand it! What a hard time they have just surviving, and yet they bring such joy!

Bird Girl said...

So true. No matter how long you do this...it is still hard to lose birds. They truly are a joy!

I wanted to tell you too, that your butterfly image is outstanding!