Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Hodge-podge

Today's Greeting

Ollie in the "shower" - He wasn't singing..


I've heard of this, but never saw it for myself before. The first brood (the "bottle babies") are still here, and the second brood fledged today. The juvies (at least one or two of them) have been feeding the nestlings...

At this point, two had already flown out; this one was a little nervous about it it seemed - Ollie would show him this bug, then snatch it back - he did it several times, then flew off with it.

Mr. C. and offspring -

Just overcome with cuteness!


She sat there a long time, posing in all sorts of ways for the camera.

13 comments:

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

Fantastic shots! I don't know how you get so many pictures that are perfect! Love the second picture where Ollie is wet. LOL

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Helen: Very nicely shown today, its amazing how the birds seem to allow you to shoot at different angles.

Dave Coulter said...

I hope all those teenagers are behaving themselves! ;)

PS: I have never heard/seen of those bottle babies...very cool.

John Theberge said...

Outstanding bird shots!

kjpweb said...

I'm always in awe seeing what you're getting in your backyard. Just wonderful! Cheers, Klaus

Mary said...

I love the card today and the quote on it as well as the picture! Fantastic bluebird shots! You are really getting me "hooked" on your bluebird family! So cute to see the young feeding the even younger :-)

Stacey Olson said...

Great images. Wonderful to see the young helping mom and dad out.. will make a great parent itself someday.

NCmountainwoman said...

I love the hodge-podge. A wonderful collection of marvelous photographs.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

I love the ones showing the babies with their tiny mouths open begging for food. LOL!! They are so cute!!

abb said...

How I wish we had bluebirds!

Lovely photos as always.

Eve said...

You are just so lucky to have all these beautiful birds around you Helen!!

Anonymous said...

Love all of them and the hummingbird. The bluebird behavior is amazing, I had never seen a fledgling feed a nestling either!...and to see dad coaxing the fledgling with the insect, how clever!

Anonymous said...

You know I subscribed to your feed and for some reason it wasn't coming through. I happened to be organizing my feeds and noticed. Hopefully all is OK now, because I have definitely missed out!