Sunday, February 24, 2008

Feb Florida Fun

Happy Birthday to my mother.
Last Thursday, Feb 21, my mother was 90.
I was in Atlanta to celebrate, and we all had a wonderful day.
Then to Florida, to try to warm my bones.
Before we left for Merritt Island, John and I went out to the lake at our Jacksonville condo. When these double-crested cormorants swam out from the bushes at the bank, we both did a double-take. they truly look like snakes or some kind of monsters, with just their long necks and heads out of the water.
This one speared a fish on the hook at the front of his bill.
Mrs. Mallard....
...and her man.
White Ibis on Merritt Island.

Tri-colored heron.



Osprey on a wire.

Eurasian collared dove.

Sunset pose.

Roseate spoonbill.




Noisy redwing.


Catbird with breakfast.







FL scrub jay


Common yellowthroat.




Manatee - he never stuck any more than his eyes out of the water!











Sorry, I'm bushed - no more notes tonight, but you can at least see some of the pix from today.

1 comment:

Aunt "B's" Backyard said...

That's a special honor or reach 90 years old!! Happy Birthday to Mom.
While scrolling down through all of your photos, I felt like I was paging through a book. It was wonderful. So much to see and so different from what I see. It was very interesting to see the Scrub Jay. I remember my Mom talking about seeing them when she visited Florida each winter. Very nice!!